Where life force enters…
The main entry of your home or office is the place where the life force and fresh energy enters. Since the entering ch'i is affected by the energy of the surroundings, it makes sense that you would want this area to carry a high vibration. Your entry should be warm, welcoming, open, easily accessed, and easily identified. If your main entry is located somewhere other than at the front of the building where it can be easily identified, you should add lighting and other wayfinding so both the ch'i and people can easily find their way. Here are a few tips for enhancing this space to enhance the entering energy.
- It should be tidy. No waste receptacles. Keep it well swept and well kept.
- Ample lighting to welcome people and energy to your door. All lighting should be in good working order…burnt out lights are a metaphor that can reflect “burnout”
- Well-maintained paint and finishes. Anything that requires maintenance should be seen to at once.
- Doorknobs and locks should be in good working order…again, if it’s not working it’s a metaphor for your life
- A mat at the door that’s in keeping with the scale of the entry…should be in good repair and tidy.
- Well-maintained gardens/landscape. Struggling or dying plants impose dying energy to your home. You also don’t want your landscape to hide your entry…or for it to feel like it’s being “smothered” by the plants. If you have severe winters, keep dormant plants trimmed. If you have severe summers, opt for drought-tolerant and native plantings or tidy desert-scapes. Don’t use prickly plants near the entry of your home. For an example of the effect of prickly plants, stand in front of one…you’ll feel the cutting/stabbing energy.
- If there are more than a couple of stairs up to your door, either add lighting or potted plants to encourage the qi flow to the door.
Water is an element of abundance. A flowing birdbath or water feature will capture and infuse the qi flowing into your home or business with an energy of abundance.
If you are interested in a professional evaluation of your home or office, contact me for details on how to proceed with either a distance or on-site consultation.